Bowling Green Bankruptcy Lawyers
Bowling Green, KY is home to one of America’s most iconic cars – the GM Corvette. But aside from that, Bowling Green also has a rich culture with plenty of good food and fun activities. At O’Bryan Law Offices, we love and appreciate all that BGKY has to offer. That’s why we’re here to help the citizens of Bowling Green should they find themselves in a financial bind. Our Kentucky bankruptcy attorneys operate with compassion, using their knowledge and experience to the advantage of their clients. Even if all seems lost, you still have debt relief options. Speak with our Bowling Green bankruptcy lawyers for qualified financial advice.
At O’Bryan Law Offices, not only do we have extensive experience in our field, but we also have a stellar track record of success. Our bankruptcy attorneys take great pride in their work, meaning you can rest assured that you’re in good hands when you’re struggling to sort out your finances. We are a debt relief agency, and we can help you navigate the complexities of bankruptcy law. To schedule a free consultation with us, please call our office at 502-400-4020 today.
Experienced Bankruptcy Lawyers in Bowling Green, KY
Admitting that bankruptcy is the best option for your situation can feel defeating. However, filing for personal bankruptcy is actually the first step to becoming debt free. Many other debt relief options simply won’t solve your problems. This is why people file for bankruptcy. Working with an experienced bankruptcy attorney is essential for bankruptcy cases.
O’Bryan Law Offices dedicates most of its legal practice to bankruptcy. We don’t split our time and energy between other practice areas, such as personal injury. If you’re looking for a Bowling Green attorney who can help you achieve bankruptcy relief, we’re here for you.
Struggling With Debt? We Can Help.
If you’re struggling with debt, our law firm can help you in a number of ways aside from bankruptcy. We also provide supplemental legal assistance in the following ways.
- Stopping creditor harassment
- Eliminating overwhelming debt
- Completing the bankruptcy means test
- Setting up a repayment plan in Chapter 13
- Keeping or selling off certain assets
- Discharging unsecured debts
- Protecting your legal rights
- Helping you achieve a fresh start with your finances
- Counseling you on how to improve your credit score
Why Should I File Bankruptcy in Bowling Green?
Not every person or business that struggles with debt needs to go to the bankruptcy court. In many cases, we evaluate other less drastic avenues before recommending bankruptcy. However, some cases of debt are much more serious than others. In this case, bankruptcy may be the best, most affordable option you have. It’s important to understand when you might want to file bankruptcy.
- If your financial situation has become completely unmanageable, it may be time to seek help from a bankruptcy lawyer.
- Maybe you suffered a serious injury and you have crushing medical debt. A personal injury claim may not solve all your problems. Speak with a Bowling Green KY lawyer to determine if bankruptcy is right for you.
- If you have explored all other options, you may have no other choice but to seek help through the legal system. That’s why the Bankruptcy Code exists – to provide legal aid for those struggling with overwhelming debt.
How Can Bankruptcy Help Me?
Although many people shudder at the thought of filing for bankruptcy, it actually has a number of benefits for those with high debts and legal issues. We list some of these benefits below.
- Stopping creditor harassment and calls from debt collectors
- Stopping foreclosure, eviction, and even repossession
- Discharging most unsecured debts
- Getting rid of secured debt (so long as you give up the collateral)
- Allows you to keep certain assets
- Cram down debt if it is worth less than what you owe
Keep in mind that bankruptcy is not a cure-all for all legal problems related to your finances. It can, however, take care of many of them.
Types of Bankruptcy
Several types of bankruptcy exist under the Bankruptcy Code, but the two most common are Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy. In order to determine which chapter is right for you, you’ll need to take a Chapter 7 means test. This test determines whether or not you make enough money to partially repay your debts. If you make less than a certain amount, you will file Chapter 7. If you make more than that amount, you will file Chapter 13.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Otherwise known as liquidation bankruptcy, a Chapter 7 filing focuses on discharging your unsecured debts and only protecting exempt assets. Although you can get rid of credit card debt, medical debt, and personal loans, you may end up selling some assets to pay off your creditors.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 is also known as a reorganization bankruptcy. Instead of discharging all of your unsecured debts, it discharges some of them. Then, you will set up a repayment plan to pay back a smaller portion of your debts. Many people see it as an opportunity to “catch up” on certain secured debts, such as their home or vehicle.
Do I Need a Bowling Green Bankruptcy Attorney?
You don’t technically have to work with a bankruptcy lawyer for your case, but most institutions strongly recommend that you do. Filing pro se (without legal help) can have lasting legal and financial consequences, especially if you mess up paperwork or miss a filing deadline. A bankruptcy lawyer will ensure that all of your bankruptcy forms are properly filled out and submitted in a timely manner.
How Can a Bankruptcy Lawyer Help Me?
Bankruptcy lawyers are well-versed in bankruptcy law, as well as many other related practice areas. We will help guide you through the process while also counseling you and giving advice in the following areas.
- When to file bankruptcy
- What chapter of bankruptcy to file
- Which assets to protect and which to sell
- How to file bankruptcy, fill out the paperwork, and submit the forms
- Attend the 341 meeting of creditors with you
- Counsel you on how to manage your debt
- Give advice on how to improve your credit score
In other words, a Bowling Green bankruptcy lawyer with our firm will do a lot more than just get you to file for bankruptcy. We’ll provide you with solid legal aid and counsel before you file, during the filing process, and even after you receive your bankruptcy discharge. Call today to establish an attorney-client relationship with a compassionate bankruptcy attorney.
Other Areas We Serve
O’Bryan Law Offices also serves other areas of Kentucky and Southern Indiana, including the following.
- Covington Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Frankfort Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Lexington KY Bankruptcy Lawyers
- New Albany Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Louisville Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Okolona bankruptcy lawyers
- Evansville Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Nicholasville KY Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Owensboro Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Clarksville IN Bankruptcy Attorney
- Bankruptcy Attorney in Hopkinsville KY
File Bankruptcy Today With O’Bryan Law Offices
If you’re struggling under a mountain of debt, our Bowling Green bankruptcy lawyers are here for you. O’Bryan Law Offices is dedicated to providing you with excellent service and quality advice for all your legal needs related to bankruptcy and finances. To schedule a free consultation with a qualified bankruptcy attorney, please call our office at 502-400-4020 today.