Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injury Attorney Louisville, KY
The dangers of life are far greater than they appear. Medical negligence or medical malpractice cases are the third-leading cause of mortality rates after heart attacks and cancer but ahead of accidents, according to the American Medical Association. However, nearly every two hours, somebody is hurt in an automobile accident in Louisville, Kentucky. These figures exclude deaths and injuries caused by nursing home mistreatment, slip, and fall accidents, industrial accidents, and other causes.
No one really ever wants to acknowledge the inherent dangers we all encounter on a regular and even daily basis, yet occasionally it’s necessary. A fatality or major injury as a result of an accident is unavoidably sad. It becomes understandably outraging when you learn that an accident that brought you so much pain might not have transpired if it hadn’t been for somebody else’s negligence. It frustrates every legal professional at O’Bryan Law Offices, too.
If you incurred personal injuries as a result of the conduct of a negligent person, you should not be required to pay the related expenses. Injury victims are entitled to comprehensive and reasonable recompense for your damages, regardless of if they are physical, psychological, or economic.
Medical expenses following a car, truck or motorcycle accident can be devastating. Depending on the severity of the crash, you could require considerable care, surgery, rehabilitation, and more. Moreover, you may be unable to work during this time. This can lead to the accumulation of steep medical bills, which may lead to insurmountable debt. If you’ve been injured to no fault of your own, contact an experienced Louisville personal injury attorney at O’Bryan Law Offices today for a free case evaluation in Louisville, KY.
Common Personal Injury Accidents
Have you been injured as a result of any of the following?
- Head-on collision
- Hit and run
- Semi-truck accidents or commercial car accident
- Rear-end collision
- Motorcycle accident
- Whiplash injury
- Pedestrian hit by a vehicle
- Accidents involving a negligent driver (DUI or texting)
Thousands of cases involving the most prevalent forms of personal injury claims are resolved or addressed by courts each year. Victims are sometimes able to recuperate large quantities of money as a result of their predicaments.
Even yet, numerous personal injury cases aren’t ever filed because the victim cannot obtain suitable legal counsel. O’Bryan Law Offices’ personal injury lawyers and legal team are skilled at providing you with legal representation that will fight for you and ensure that you receive the most compensation available as personal injury victims. If you are in or near Louisville, KY, call us today at 502-339-0222 to make sure you receive the motivated and experienced personal injury attorneys to help you win your claim.
How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You’ll want professional guidance on settling your personal injury case–or preparing for claims court. You will want the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. Some ways to locate experienced and capable personal injury lawyers are through referrals from friends, acquaintances, other lawyers, a directory for a certain bar association or local region, or even through the use of a referral service; such as a directory for Louisville Bar Association, Kentucky Justice Association, or Kentucky Bar Association.
After you have established a good list of potential personal injury attorneys, be sure to compare them so you can be sure you like the methods and procedures they and their team use, motivation and deviation to your case, personality, price ranges, and any other influential or determining factors that affect your perceived value of the capable personal injury law representation.
To find out if the lawyer is right for you, you will want to talk to the lawyer and discuss your claim, as well as possible ways of handling it. But in doing so, you should be prepared to face rejection. Many professionals refuse to handle cases if the possible recoverable amount is less than a specific threshold or if the claim is unclear.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in Louisville, KY for my Case?
Typically, those who are injured and not represented by a personal injury attorney will be bullied by the larger insurance companies. Insurance adjusters will present lower offers than what the injured person deserves if the person doesn’t have the proper representation. Having a Louisville personal injury law practitioner will ensure you are gaining their experience and successful strategies or ability to adapt and strategize anew; this includes dealing with the insurance provider. Their skillset will become yours.
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
After you’ve been injured in any car accidents, such as a car crash, motorcycle wreck, slip and fall, or any other type of mishap that wasn’t your fault, you will want to contact a personal injury attorney.
After speaking with an attorney, they will advise you as to whether or not your case requires counsel. Any personal injury attorneys will assist you in seeking recompense and will defend your rights from hostile insurance firms and major organizations who are trying to evade delivering you reasonable compensation for damages and losses. A personal injury legal team will clarify your rights under the law and advise you on whether or not you should hire a Louisville personal injury attorneys’ aid.
Seek Immediate Counsel If:
The following are examples of situations in which you should seek immediate legal counsel on personal injury matters in Louisville, KY.
- When there is a disagreement over who is to blame, an attorney performs a comprehensive investigation to figure out how your injuries occurred and who is to blame. Your attorney gathers evidence and formulates a legal plan for establishing culpability.
- If there is any doubt about your involvement or contribution to the harm, you should see an attorney who can assist you in avoiding or combating accusations of contributory negligence.
- In the event of multiple parties being involved, personal injury law counsel can help protect you will defending against multiple accusations and narratives of the accident. Note that multiple-party involvement can lead to higher payouts though presenting more complicated, prolonged, and difficult to fight successfully.
- Traumatic injury of permanent disability, especially as the result of traumatic brain injuries, as the result of any auto-accidents, is not common in personal injury cases, so having experienced and knowledgeable Louisville personal injury lawyers will be a game-changer in receiving and ensuring maximum noneconomic and monetary compensation for your injury and future damages.
- Is the government, or a government entity, involved in your claim? If so, it can be significantly more complicated and requires the expertise of one of the best personal injury representations.
- If you suspect insurance bad faith. In other words, if you believe they are failing to investigate, make the process to claim burdensome and unnecessarily hard, won’t pay off legitimate claims, falsely accuse contributory negligence, misrepresent policy terms, or intentionally mislead or explain legal rights for injured victims. Personal injury cases see many other bad-faith acts from insurance companies, a Louisville, KY personal injury law firm professional will be familiar with these tactics and how to remedy or fight them.
None of the opposing, liable party’s insurance company professionals will keep the injured victims’ best interests at heart. Claims adjusters, lawyers, and/or investigators of the insurance company will not fight for fair or just compensation for an injury victims’ personal injury cases, even if it is a serious injury. So you should consider a Louisville personal injury attorneys’ practicing law skills and legal career experience in an injury claim as your way to rebalancing the fight.
PERSONAL INJURY DAMAGES
In personal injury cases, there are two types of damages awarded: compensatory and punitive. Punitive and compensatory damages are granted to the plaintiff or harmed party. Note that you may be able to attain workers’ compensation for certain workplace accidents. Consult your Louisville, KY law firm on the different practice areas and the legal process.
- There are many distinct Compensatory Damages; however, they are generally divided into general and special damages. Compensatory damages are applicable in practically all accident situations, and they aim to repay or financially atone for harm to an injured party.
In wrongful death claims, compensatory damages are also granted, although the wrongful death damages recoverable in these situations are generally specific and not seen commonly, especially in the Louisville area.
- Punitive Damages are given in select and few circumstances. Punitive damages are not linked to the sort of injury that has been caused; rather, they are given to punish the perpetrator for certain categories of heinous behavior.
Punitive damages are frequently granted whenever a defendant is convicted of willful or malicious crimes, but also fraud. Aggravated violence, sexual assault, or fraudulent conduct that generates extensive financial loss are examples of these behaviors.
We Can Help, Personal Injury Victims!
When the negligent behavior of another causes your injuries and pain and suffering, we will aggressively pursue compensation for your losses to allow you to move forward. These damages may provide necessary financial relief for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of services of your spouse or parent of a minor child
- Property damages
Tips for Getting the Best Settlement for a Personal Injury Case:
- Start by considering a specific proposed settlement.
- Don’t Accept the First Offer.
- Persuade the Adjuster to Make a Low Offer Justifiable.
- Make emotional points to your benefit a priority.
- Be patient and wait for a response.
- Know When to Hire a Lawyer:
- You’re looking for more than a few thousand dollars in damages for significant injuries and agony and suffering.
- You want to be compensated for future damages.
- There is an issue of liability.
- Confirm the agreement in writing.
CONTACT A LOUISVILLE PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY AT O’BRYAN LAW OFFICES
Our attorneys will meet with you for a free consultation and put a plan together to pursue damages against the insurance carriers’ company. Our dedicated team will work with you through this process and will work tirelessly to achieve the best result for you and your family in personal injury law.
Other Practice Areas We Handle Include: